找回密码
 注册
查看: 4216|回复: 1

Cold War

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-27 22:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
I would like to take this chance to talk about the issues of how to make a last and profound conversation with locals since some friends have complained that they only have the ability to do the short talks with co-workers or strangers. I call the short talk the Cold War, meaning it is a long last personal struggle or an impossible mission. I still remember I have encountered few embarrass seniors few years ago, but things are getting better year after year. Since this summer, I start to feel very comfortable as I chat with people I met every day. For example, I need to find some info around the place I just moved in. While I was driving around the blocks this afternoon, I saw a good lady was mending her yard. She was the only person I can find, so I decided to talk to this lady. I parked the car and greeted to her. I asked her about the neighborhood such as banks, supermarkets and so on. She answered me with her best capability. Then she invited me to her condo to have a little chat. She wrote down some of the contact names and the numbers of her friends in case I need more help and told me about few neighbor’s stories. At the end, I got plenty of information than I intended to. It all came very natural and our conversation was quite enjoyable.; q5 s9 p7 w6 ~# C1 {) c

2 q7 R( z( G  a/ z0 W# wSo here are some of self-made rules which have worked well for me.
9 I" n1 B% l) A8 {# `/ e. \, O
* f3 s2 p- U7 G! i) l! X0 h5 e- `Every morning, practice the chat and image that you are both A and B actors or actresses:& w4 |* `" d4 T: l3 m; A
3 t7 q+ c6 R+ |6 W  T$ j1 U) V
Day 1: Good morning, Sandra (You)( i( N8 }  A9 _4 Q$ b8 e5 o& P
            Good morning, Ming. How are you? (Co-worker)3 F; Y, J( }5 ?
            I am fine, thanks!       (You)
! I+ P/ y0 }6 N' C, l$ W- }; [7 i9 X
7 R( p' o' o# T+ v/ YDay 2: Repeat  Day 1 (You)$ K) _& U1 Q6 O) t6 W
            Repeat  Day 1 (Co-worker)
, Q2 L# a0 x  Z% m. p2 C3 o/ J            I am fine, and how are you. (You)
9 L8 J, ~. z5 B) i. j! L" D            Not too bad, I like your shirt; it looks gorgers (Co-Worker)9 c  m& c: f4 g8 W& I
            Thanks, I bought it from China last summer. (You)  I4 U) H1 e5 l% K, [% m
  F% [7 O5 G; F1 l
Day 3: Repeat
7 [: _& b- Y6 L0 D. a$ _. A2 L            Repeat) Z# O7 t* _5 O2 [5 \
            Repeat4 `. F4 H1 g2 E9 X7 g2 R" x+ q
            I could not be better, Thank god it is Friday. (Co-worker)" m% x: u7 z8 H2 w  O1 m
            Finally, so do you have plan for the weekend? (You): X7 |" P  w. t
            Oh, ya, I am going to visit my mother-in-law even I hates her, but my husband will make me to see her. (Co-worker)" L2 k$ m6 O9 M& D: C0 E$ t0 E
           Poor you, oh, I wish you have a good weekend, and come back with a good mood. You know what I mean. (You)0 d. d% o8 v7 o4 K$ Q: r" w3 S
5 k# J. n' J  q' H& s8 c
Next Monday: Repeat
* J3 P" z  B0 R8 |                        Repeat
2 m  H+ `" H' F; x4 p+ T& P  B  B                        How was your weekend? (You)
2 Q) d4 z6 I! b0 h7 k( A; u                        Not bad. My mother-in-law was so tolerable this time, and she made a big super. So we all sit outside and enjoyed the beautiful day with family. (Co-worker)
: W$ ?* r$ E% O' g7 F8 l, G; y1 r; ^                        Is that right? Where does your mother-in-law live? (You)
- o: x; ?: D9 ~; R, p- [: P1 l; @5 i                        Pigeon Lake. It was packed on the weekend. (Co-worker)( E. q; F7 g. c" r
                        Oh, Pigeon Lake, I have been there once and we caught some good fish.
1 l0 [8 U; o3 ~( y                        Really, I don’t know you like fishing, may be you should come with me next time.9 M3 R) {% _% n
                        Great idea and I will
9 H$ w: h  U8 q  P+ v3 x                        Bla—Bla—Bla6 x* V. Y8 e1 Y- ]# w# i+ H
                        Then you see the boss walking by
! H/ r0 X: s$ d  ]6 B& m6 e- U                         It is time to stop.
. T- Q( _' E1 I+ l1 m" V                     
- a" T  u$ G$ q* \
- a  J: v7 Y0 ]& q) k9 wThe above mentioned examples are under daily small talks or gossip category.  The serious business conversation will be with another topic.8 S1 T( `8 R/ @1 J  d7 L
And I advise everyone should find the way that works best for her/him.
3 f& E4 n+ f3 F2 S" k0 ?  c! I( L
& o3 T- T, n) E1 E& K1 i[ 本帖最后由 Matrix 于 2008-8-27 23:47 编辑 ]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2008-8-27 23:32 | 显示全部楼层
Excellent! and some flowers for you to show my great appreciation.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-6-3 05:42 , Processed in 0.126975 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, APC On.