鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-3-26 18:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/n ... /1429136/story.html
* H8 k/ J, b' I' H& O0 S- `5 l1 u! V: T+ P" {
刚从The Edmonton Journal看到的。真是人心不古,世风日下,长此以往,国将不国了!- N) S- _1 o  D7 _" }0 [

5 {0 j: ^: ~: g7 y. KGirl stabbed twice in neck
1 [; A0 H' j8 `' J5 ]0 H. [1 M
& [5 n* @+ |) iBoyfriend, victim didn't speak before he walked into room and killed her
1 f5 N- R1 X% Y. J% m! p8 w 9 Z  C. E+ d1 d1 m/ u4 j
BY BEN GELINAS, THE EDMONTON JOURNALMARCH 26, 20097 m% O5 l  Y& L6 j$ F

9 g: {% O: k% h, U5 X
& j& T  U/ a/ M2 Z0 IA student writes her condolences at a memorial for a Ross Sheppard High School student who was killed in B.C. in May 2008.( t9 \! D# l; ]) A6 q2 {/ @  K
Photograph by: Rick MacWilliam, Edmonton Journal, c2 M' v9 p0 x5 L1 \
% i7 z5 z1 U" f# z1 G- a2 F4 i! h
No one said a word, witnesses claim; no one even saw the kitchen knife slash once, twice, into the girl's neck below her right ear, severing her carotid artery and her jugular vein.
3 r+ n" O8 X6 |  n2 S! y& R6 D; k5 Z
At least three people other than the victim and the accused were in the Fort St. John apartment at the time of the killing, according to an agreed statement of facts The Journal fought for weeks to make public.* H. _/ G7 q5 N% X

/ k( Y* E6 r/ b' a' c) vThe 17-year-old victim, a Ross Sheppard High School student, had just driven six hours from Edmonton, with her boyfriend and a member of the Crazy Dragons drug gang in her car.' j& Z& A# ?9 G

5 ?; V" W- F" k6 F* Y, O7 ?5 y- `As first reported Wednesday on the Journal's website, not long after they arrived that afternoon, the girl settled on the arm of a couch in the living room, next to the gang member relaxing there.
  h: ^/ b/ x/ ^# t/ s
% A% Z, J0 t) x5 o6 P- tMoments later, the 17-year-old boy she had been dating for four years walked into the kitchen and grabbed a knife from a block on the counter, came back and plunged the blade into her neck twice.
3 \7 h0 B' h# l) x8 ~, n/ Y' q  P0 D& K
The gang member punched the girl's boyfriend at least once. Others in the suite called 911 to report an accidental stabbing.
5 Z1 {# d5 G  M) \( V7 j) l$ `$ \" g8 u6 Z
The first RCMP constable to arrive found the girlfriend bleeding on the floor, one witness by her side, a towel against her neck. She didn't appear to be breathing, but the officer felt a faint pulse.9 m9 i7 ]" _) }- S5 h
) z+ J1 Y* Z$ `+ Z
A second officer arrived and was approached by the gang member and the boyfriend, who emerged from a bedroom. The boyfriend, an associate of the Edmonton-based gang, was bleeding from his mouth. He asked the constable if "she" would be "OK."
  C1 |- G' H' E( A0 h* v0 g* G) {6 T9 n/ r
The officers led the young men outside the condo-style complex at 89th Street and 100th Avenue as paramedics arrived to take the girl to the city hospital down the road.8 O2 l7 b* S4 ^# \
8 e; y- V- V) M0 q
"We got in a fight," the boyfriend told one of the officers. "I picked up a knife and stabbed her."/ F) p  A' N8 h# [* m" s' p( A/ n

1 g; Y1 x; Y5 A, A: z) c3 _The agreed statement of facts makes no mention of motive, and an initial psychiatric examination showed the boyfriend does not suffer from a serious mental illness.
  j, }5 K9 s3 P0 X/ D+ W- I- Y* z' p
Despite his admission, he initially pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder. His girlfriend died of blood loss after arriving at the hospital on May 18, 2008. She was due to graduate high school the following week.
3 g* R5 x/ k9 c6 z/ r( q& g. g2 {
- N1 h* x) t* mUntil now, little has been made public about the killing. The Journal, along with the CBC, fought for access to the facts of the case last month, after a B.C. provincial court judge accepted the boyfriend's guilty plea.& T+ r( l, M- q- z6 ^, W

- G6 ]: O! K# @+ E* ^; rThe Dawson Creek Crown prosecutor and court clerk's office denied requests for access to the agreed statement of facts, which are typically read out in court.
) Z9 @- l4 C3 A5 m6 R+ E5 i9 C  o5 H2 N
In this case, the judge read the facts silently in front of the defence lawyer and prosecutor before accepting their joint submission.. L) u2 I0 A3 m

& b3 e7 J: ~& ?' h. v"It's hard to understand why an agreed statement of facts in such a high-profile case couldn't be released to the public," said Allan Mayer, The Journal's editor-in-chief. "Who is served by such secrecy in open court? It's more than ridiculous that we had to spend time and money to pry the details out of this court's hands."
# r* v8 Q$ E7 g) M
: K2 Z" W4 E- r' GThe Journal eventually had to make an application to the judge, who released the facts Wednesday.
, \; @, h; s. |7 P4 J8 B( a& C4 t2 g0 W  U" S# N7 L
"While courts always have a discretion to prevent public access to a filed exhibit, that discretion has to take into account charter values, including transparency of court proceedings," Journal lawyer Fred Kozak said.5 @' [1 o3 P! c5 M
( c. U% V% r8 e2 Z: l6 i# N* O
"Preventing public scrutiny and discussion of those accepted facts serves no one's interest, and it doesn't reassure worried parents of teenaged children who have been anxious to know what led to this killing."* G5 w% {8 ~5 ]

$ [- s- p+ L" x0 {: h- |The girl's parents have asked that her name not be made public, while her boyfriend cannot be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.% C5 y1 q# f: s% {2 ?7 c' S, x
" C, v4 M7 `3 M. H7 Z
A sentencing hearing is scheduled to take place on April 15-16 in Dawson Creek.
  \4 f2 g8 `0 R+ s
, W' {8 E; Z/ G2 Qbgelinas@thejournal.canwest.com
* T6 Y* m* B4 d+ [  E8 P  {+ f) @6 J* `
[ 本帖最后由 微风飘飘 于 2009-3-26 19:28 编辑 ]
鲜花(52) 鸡蛋(32)
发表于 2009-3-26 18:41 | 显示全部楼层
+ c& c0 E! `* v& z
9 j3 `" `; Z* W9 U' @2 D7 L2 }, u) Y

# f* p" O, c; z# P2 O- B
3 O9 b; t0 m2 L' H9 [6 e; f1 X. }6 x! w3 d
  u& _4 S, L  @3 F0 p; ]
不会吧?直腰有您老这样的油锅忧民之士在,“国”应该能够一如既往地“国”下去的!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-9-20 14:38 , Processed in 0.090696 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, APC On.