鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-3-26 23:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
澳洲, 奧地利, 加拿大, 捷克, 芬蘭, 愛爾蘭, 荷蘭, 新西蘭, 瑞士! t+ L0 I, R1 h) B9 ]
; p& L/ c/ i$ t+ J5 M
3 i& m* x% J  Q5 J6 F/ v; p
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12811197. E9 b2 c( m" j9 m% d
6 W- T9 M! z8 v/ n7 X; W! H! q& l/ W
22 March 2011 Last updated at 03:31 ET Share this pageFacebookTwitter ShareEmail Print Religion may become extinct in nine nations, study saysBy Jason Palmer' j; i( {4 N/ {& E
$ x/ F0 I" ]- c$ R) A- b/ `9 T( a/ l
Science and technology reporter, BBC News, Dallas
8 D6 J/ ]; V3 e$ e" a/ \8 w8 o1 I* k4 z  {
A study using census data from nine countries shows that religion there is set for extinction, say researchers.9 `& ~  m" E1 t2 V! C3 z) E
- Z& _* P! L: B& t# S
The study found a steady rise in those claiming no religious affiliation.
: v2 e* a4 H7 `2 e
& @% M  H/ O4 @! VThe team\'s mathematical model attempts to account for the interplay between the number of religious respondents and the social motives behind being one.& B# v4 t0 J! O# h7 U# J! h: l
2 }! I) m8 M9 w* S
The result, reported at the American Physical Society meeting in Dallas, US, indicates that religion will all but die out altogether in those countries.
2 z, _/ a! j, [1 T. D/ x( k" S+ x, D& U0 a; ^1 h
The team took census data stretching back as far as a century from countries in which the census queried religious affiliation: Australia, Austria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Finland, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Switzerland.' h( W) w  E; x2 [! T4 ]

( g9 K+ T7 Q% x# I# c2 WTheir means of analysing the data invokes what is known as nonlinear dynamics - a mathematical approach that has been used to explain a wide range of physical phenomena in which a number of factors play a part.
8 g8 h) `! s9 D( n: c8 k$ j7 f3 @7 R: `! f1 Y6 S' N
One of the team, Daniel Abrams of Northwestern University, put forth a similar model in 2003 to put a numerical basis behind the decline of lesser-spoken world languages.
. [" b5 Y- v6 f: o% m+ q( W1 Q$ g; a. N  C1 `8 \( Y
At its heart is the competition between speakers of different languages, and the \"utility\" of speaking one instead of another.& Z" Y4 e5 `7 X; F& F# t( m

$ I2 U; q8 v3 I& q1 G( |& d6 \\"The idea is pretty simple,\" said Richard Wiener of the Research Corporation for Science Advancement, and the University of Arizona.1 x! h; `$ N3 s5 |+ j& R
& i" W9 y. L# E
\"It posits that social groups that have more members are going to be more attractive to join, and it posits that social groups have a social status or utility.; G1 R0 U; _# A4 G% g! d# `; G

& \" y& O( I% _+ x; c" p\"For example in languages, there can be greater utility or status in speaking Spanish instead of [the dying language] Quechuan in Peru, and similarly there\'s some kind of status or utility in being a member of a religion or not.\"# ~: E' u+ @$ L6 O3 {# }' r0 @
$ A0 O( @& t. \! g
Dr Wiener continued: \"In a large number of modern secular democracies, there\'s been a trend that folk are identifying themselves as non-affiliated with religion; in the Netherlands the number was 40%, and the highest we saw was in the Czech Republic, where the number was 60%.\": ^2 W! X  H; y+ H9 }5 {
+ }, S( E; Y% W& w
The team then applied their nonlinear dynamics model, adjusting parameters for the relative social and utilitarian merits of membership of the \"non-religious\" category.
; R; |4 @  K2 p* G" G. J# m- l: S: Q0 }% L0 W5 ?& \4 i1 d
They found, in a study published online, that those parameters were similar across all the countries studied, suggesting that similar behaviour drives the mathematics in all of them.& S3 ~0 Z5 k- H* s$ q7 T7 W
7 |1 V: u" j+ J5 {
And in all the countries, the indications were that religion was headed toward extinction.
3 M8 g! i; C$ F) T  V; J( W3 j9 M7 P4 f  z  M# B% a
However, Dr Wiener told the conference that the team was working to update the model with a \"network structure\" more representative of the one at work in the world.1 _$ Y8 \9 _$ z8 ]; m/ |

, _4 ~" C& M0 A: }\"Obviously we don\'t really believe this is the network structure of a modern society, where each person is influenced equally by all the other people in society,\" he said.
' c( r# l$ H% C4 X1 |& B# u6 o
+ |3 K; O( ^# D# {+ e& I: `% YHowever, he told BBC News that he thought it was \"a suggestive result\". 4 c8 I  M9 O# T* R
6 `- x5 ~. {* y3 E5 I
\"It\'s interesting that a fairly simple model captures the data, and if those simple ideas are correct, it suggests where this might be going.
. C% D2 [, s4 \3 B" q; r
) l; O0 u4 C  E, q* n* A: z* E4 o\"Obviously much more complicated things are going on with any one individual, but maybe a lot of that averages out.\"
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-26 23:56 | 显示全部楼层
基督教在大多数西方国家已经走向没落。现代基督教的发展主要是靠蒙骗落后的发展中国家。
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-3-28 16:33 | 显示全部楼层
2# 2012AD ! o- B, ], E9 F6 ]& H
什么时候在加拿大绝迹? 我们好把宗版给关了.
鲜花(6) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-3-28 16:52 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
You don't need to close it, it will be expanding for ever.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-3-31 11:46 | 显示全部楼层
1# 2012AD
  `; ~) ~$ j, P# [) ~# @8 _6 W
( C2 p4 ], q. d  U4 ~9 I( F
! f3 _4 ], @. r& c( N不同意。人脑存在,宗教就存在。
鲜花(6) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-3-31 13:34 | 显示全部楼层
看来是在国内的时候,政治和哲学没学好。连事物的发展是螺旋式的都不知道。什么事物的发展都是有高潮有低潮。哪有直线式的。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-9-19 10:09 , Processed in 0.198804 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On, APC On.