Winter fun in Fort McMurray

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2012-1-4 23:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
http://www.fortmcmurraytourism.com/index.php?page_id=1177. U  }6 t/ D' K' q  v

4 ]2 C  H! i1 rYour Winter Playground!+ \9 D* T2 F7 u1 e* r
6 g3 q* o5 g1 w; n( I
Wood Buffalo residents don't shy away from a wintry day - we grab out toques and mitts, strap on some skis or grab a toboggan, and forge our own paths through crisp, clean, new-fallen snow.
0 P5 V6 W, r$ e$ m( z' @* M* t% h% t( G# v0 K% p- G, X
Whether you enjoy the exhilaration of downhill skiing, the return to your childhood joys of tubing and sliding, or the grace and serenity of cross-country skiing - we have it all, and we welcome you to join in the wintry fun!!
5 z% V# k) ~1 \) b0 T4 ~
4 R) Q7 N  X2 _) o3 \) {
5 S& G& N; O. q+ ^7 D, t& P3 b. J0 x
Make Your Mark!
2 m: }) `+ P5 v% @
$ o  g( G6 ~7 C# fWhether you prefer the silent glide of cross-country skis through the beautiful Boreal Forest, or the adrenaline rush of racing downhill on your skis or snowboard, we have your winter fun right here!
. _# }" y0 o1 R+ t" }3 ?5 S: z* c8 S$ P7 z6 {# N
Vista Ridge All Season Park: U& j( q7 G! n7 X
"The best non-mountain winter recreation in Alberta."
; M$ d  ^! O( c) W! M) i% L- l+ ], n2 O7 I+ v
Skiing/Snowboarding:
2 z3 A  ?2 D. Q" O: VVista Ridge has long been an exciting family opportunity.  With 8 ski runs for everyone from the most experienced skiers in the family, right down to your tiniest ski bunnies, the fun is endless!5 j5 K$ Q5 T. _: r4 p+ k
Also available to experienced skiers and snowboaorders - rails, a half pipe, and jumps for all your fantastic moves!2 ]$ W0 r, q3 h# Y  t
" D' E/ S( D; o! h% f7 h/ i
Tubing:
1 \# N1 `5 f) a+ a+ z9 L5 lanes of fun await you at the Vista Ridge Tube Park.  No experience needed - just dress warmly and get some friends together for some good old-fashioned fun!  4 groomed lanes provide safe and thrilling rides for everyone, and over 190 tubes are available to ride.  And don't worry about the long trek back up the hill - just sit on your tube and let the Magic Carpet lift transport you to the top of the hill, so the fun never ends!!* k9 ?% g4 V# Y! C& k; z$ }  R8 V

" H! A  O: y$ F. \6 p% _( oTube park details:
' d( h9 q5 b# ]& S  v8 I" _! }3 W4 VGroup and Party bookings available. Special group rates available
# s! M4 t, y. y% v" c% FOpen weekends and holidays 11:00am - 3:00pm
' w+ _) g9 h* R. B. Y: l$ h% NMust be 42" tall and 4 years old to ride alone, younger children can ride in same tube with parents
; O2 V9 G% i! w7 u. N. B8 [4 l' S
' \# u6 K) {* _7 f5 X0 i1 ^5 R0 ]6 `; H+ z
Located just outside Fort McMurray Alberta* b* ]" P! N/ |8 h% H7 p& _0 ^2 L
780.743.8657( `' G* b. q7 h! X  `( }" T( p
www.vistaridge.ab.ca
' r  w# R6 I. l9 P, ?( q
" T  [) E3 Q/ R8 J4 r) nElevation Summit: 375m
0 L( N8 b# p% B, R4 D) L0 {( p7 {5 uBase: 250m/ ]  e, Y, }4 \- b3 N
Vertical Drop: 125m (410 ft)0 a  b0 E9 O( O" K8 }
) m  g  W# F1 g& x$ R
Trails: 8 Trails, Beginners Area, Terrain Park & Tube Park
0 ~% T  a5 F( D& L- @Ski-able Acres: 35 Acres' F2 I& y8 f% s) i3 `7 C% c
Tube Park: Five lanes 100 vertical feet x 1300 feet long runs
/ [" a5 B3 G0 O) r, KSki-able terrain: Easy: 45%
- ~. \7 g1 p) m' KDifficult: 40%
# Q" I  K& s9 t' WVery Difficult: 15%6 ?+ L. Q) e# m' f
Snow making: 100%
6 ]" m! l3 @( f& I. @Longest Run: 2500ft
$ K2 C4 F6 k: x$ s4 e  Q. O5 m! N3 `% A: P
Lifts:. S  C, S/ G  x7 r/ q6 y
1 Beginner Wonder Carpet
) E; @1 H8 Z7 B) G1 k3 N1 Beginner Kaser Ski Carpet
0 a9 m8 V& P; W8 _- d3 j1 Snow Tubing Magic Carpet
7 E+ q4 Y; b& ?( }; J1 Quad Chair by Riblet; B, ~- p" y8 D9 F. C; u8 I
1 Quad Chair by Leitnar-Poma (Syncrude bison chairlift)
/ S% n1 a' x. j4 W7 a* a* p& P  a8 \
Grooming:
9 k, V. c/ i* J7 T0 o( G1 Prinoth Bison
5 R6 {# F8 N# k' Q: t1 Bombardier BR 275, L/ g1 v+ B6 c  L- c0 F7 y* U
3 u, J; v5 ~. ]' ^; v; q0 V( M. T1 i
Season:
: u# _2 s0 l# I) d! a! Q. bMid November to early April6 [- O( D6 `' d3 e
Tube Park operates mid-December to late March
  [" g5 q' W: m
" l9 b. r9 G. e% c) A: U# b5 |" BRentals:) e6 a- J& o: X6 s' u  M
Over 300 rental skis
$ I9 r1 R$ n, Q100 Snowboards
0 _% y! i% E5 dHelmets, Snow-blades, Snow-Skates and Twin-tips available
9 `. _" F! L9 @: M; L6 t3 T2 N9 m+ H  A
  a# i4 F/ g% `! u/ }. Q; {' T4 W% HLodge Seats 500
1 v1 p& G) M4 {% W$ Y. ACafeteria open same hours as lifts" e0 ?! ?( O, i
Bar seats 120, open Friday evenings and weekends from noon.+ z% ~& f2 u; G4 e. ^, ^
( n9 g! t0 e; |: S- ^# a
0 f! m7 ]8 ?; \( D( M( q

9 h- o1 Y  r' ?7 S$ q, h4 B' cCross Country Skiing
9 v7 g5 {" t6 D" B) t  p"Skiing is a dance, and the trail always leads." ~ Author Unknown
+ J& ]6 T( R3 \6 p3 d
/ y* E( w9 E3 j' {- e1 V& U  u# d+ SWhat is Cross Country Skiing?
4 ?4 m1 M' T: F) |+ `Cross Country Skiing (aka Nordic Skiing or XC Skiing) is, in the opinion of many exercise physiologists and researchers, the world's best aerobic fitness activity. The sport involves simultaneous use of arms and legs utilizing ski equipment including boots, poles, and skis.: P  X8 d6 a3 C+ l! H

}1 \7 r9 T% n7 d. gThe primary functional difference between Cross Country Skiing (XC) and alpine (downhill) skiing is that in XC skiing, the skier is attached to the ski only with the toe of the boot--with the heel "free". In alpine skiing, the entire foot is attached to the ski. The free heel allows a XC skier to climb, descend and traverse terrain making the sport a truly "cross country" activity. In alpine skiing and snowboarding, the participant is limited to the range of downhill slope. (courtesy of www.xcskiworld.com)
6 L" T8 K5 l& }2 o6 q8 ?- L' P* H3 T( {
The Ptarmigan Nordic Ski Club (PNSC) is the official cross country ski club in Fort McMurray. Their mission is to promote healthy, outdoor recreation in the city of Fort McMurray through cross country skiing.  Beautifully groomed trails offer the opportunity to explore the Boreal Forest by classic style cross country skiing or skating style skiing.
" L' \/ t! a  d. j2 \- K% a" [* Z( Q- i0 T$ ?
They operate out of the Doug Barnes Cabin in Thickwood and ski in the Birchwood Trails, which is a 24km trail system in the heart of Fort McMurray.. b9 D& r& w; P. V! f* ?

/ {) A2 i) f+ z' J$ n+ yWe look forward to seeing you on the trails!, N" E3 j) q3 l# v* o

" B  q2 z& B4 d6 `1 XBirchwood Trails
7 L- ], c- N. Y. g+ f% y780.743.5430
# G( G* F: R, zwww.ptarmigannordic.org
# p& h* \4 S- Q
. z- i2 x& }6 n% j  V , V- ^# ?9 L, r
Ice Fishing2 @1 h8 I6 C# M! o  U/ W4 u2 k
http://www.fortmcmurraytourism.com/index.php?page_id=1179' m: s7 T! R1 Y

+ ~: Q" D6 [* m3 FIce fishing can be done on most lakes and streams around the province. Depending on ice conditions, the season generally runs from December through April. Local anglers build temporary sheds or simply drill holes and drop in a line. Just be sure to check local regulations before you head out.
4 K4 I' D8 r( v" v7 O! R; k; k& c8 z0 I1 w; Z
Due to lower natural food production and increased fish interest in bait, ice fishing yields more whitefish and perch than in any other season. Also up for the challenge are pike, walleye, trout and burbot (ling). 6 k( s# P2 {5 B

; u. {2 N  ?) s; D* H, L5 m% J& u " f( M! p' t2 i# ~6 y: _/ V  d
. f- `, C, Y. g7 O8 W
! }! P4 x3 y. q- ]5 s) j3 x
Don’t wait until spring to nail that trophy walleye or trout! These ice fishing tips will help make your winter fly by in grand fishing style! Arm yourself with the knowledge to make your day a memorable one on the hard water.6 J/ Z& q+ D& W  x( X
; u' i/ L, p) [- ?
There are a number of things to consider before going ice fishing. Is it early in the season or late? What species are you looking to catch? What kind of tackle and bait do you need? How are you going to stay warm?0 M! m! d2 K7 @; Q0 l# n. w
! h- \) ~) n6 r% b- J
With the weather unpredictable at times, clothing is a key element to your day on the hard water. There are easy but important strategies for dress on the ice, and some innovative clothing products to make your day more enjoyable.: ~7 p1 b% l4 d) t- [0 R3 i
* \) n0 C! S6 c' l
Safety is always something to keep in mind, especially early and late in the season. Make sure the ice is at least 4 inches thick before you walk on it. Check the ice reports in your region before you head out, and play it smart.
2 L! x" t( i9 |: e1 S' i
6 ]. N+ P+ J; R* T. J
. @& z) v: s- r5 C6 EAn ice fishing house can really add some comfort to your day. Whether a portable shelter made of canvas or a shack with a loft and kitchen, an ice fishing house is a piece of luxury not to be overlooked!9 E% G; M5 i/ J2 W9 q+ S

8 x; S6 }' u( pAn ice fishing shack no matter the style provides an angler with a number of luxuries. The biggest luxury is the ability to get out of the wind. While some love the comfort of the large ice fishing hut, others swear by the advantages of a portable ice fishing house. It is really up to you.
7 `" l3 m# c4 Q' t9 X% L! U: C
$ U* D/ p2 ?# l9 p% e1 ]( Z  p* |% ~, z" F1 V
Ice fishing in Canada is a terrific way to help winter fly by. That trophy doesn’t have to wait until spring. It is just as exciting pulling it up through the ice.4 y9 _+ J2 m- G( g, p
6 O; |; m$ l2 [
0 K! X( n/ E4 d, Y; G0 u* s
The Essentials7 d3 f% J! K) f9 v9 |: {5 }0 I

/ s" @8 W6 s2 g, tIce Fishing Rods with 8 pound test ice line 7 s6 p: f+ j" E3 f( \4 G$ c
Bait (minnows, smelts, etc.)   o! `" Z$ }' A8 X' c
Something to sit on 5 ]  {# n! K/ i0 f; @* m
Tip-ups and Leaders 1 r" m* g7 D/ h
Big bait for tip-ups 0 o$ u0 U) O( q* a/ X3 o
Tackle
+ N4 c: c+ {* `0 ~: Q/ fIce Auger
6 h4 P# m0 O( V) G% C. rBucket ( x- m. U0 l, L6 j7 Q
Pliers (needle nose are best)
  k* }% y1 @& c9 g# ]Mouth spreader (incase you get a trophy pike)
- u+ _3 J5 A3 EFishing License ( Y% N' |4 M$ V' Y. M, L
Drinking water $ F3 E$ a5 }$ J0 D4 D
Snacks ! B. g$ ~$ k$ a" y7 E: L
Communication device
- N" l- J" m4 |/ IMatches/lighter 8 u& X" T% _7 h" m/ O# b. \0 W
Extra change of clothes (in the event you get wet)
) M! q& I& t/ l+ r& TFilleting knife
/ {- F9 a& L9 ?The “Nice to Have’s”6 k& b4 W& P& c1 O
* s6 M3 N  X/ F3 ~' K/ a/ F/ [
Power Ice Auger 7 w# n( X9 e/ u8 G# L, c
Ice fishing shelter 0 h5 R" U: z5 Q- [
Heater (propane)
2 l7 Q! F3 U; q' xFlasher depth finder 3 j) x) T2 y7 c4 ~3 i" V+ c
A compass , Q/ @$ ^/ Z! J: s0 X; P' ~* W
Ice Scoop 8 n: f: `9 u; ^6 a* @9 e7 Q& D
Hand warmers $ @5 ?( `- m  E, j
Sled to drag your equipment over the ice with
1 f: W  ]1 E- @" oSunglasses (polarized)
9 {% I$ ^4 T; `0 l. hTwo-way radio’s
. n! u/ U9 N! o$ VIce fishing bobbers
$ [: s& @* c' p/ `5 pIce pick
: n6 r8 c! N4 D% h. |# yHatchet 7 i0 c' F1 s; l  _8 Z2 x( D
Ice cleats 9 x' }) r, p9 \9 [  H7 t4 D' c4 ?
Flashlight , w/ Y1 e* z3 `! c5 L8 `
Lantern 7 f, c! i" k8 C8 }6 i% m
Camera for the trophy fish you will catch
1 U4 Y* M: S8 T. h; @$ t( Q- }" E2 r* B
. C6 f, q6 Y4 }7 t4 K+ {
鲜花(219) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2012-1-4 23:17 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(33) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2012-2-7 15:00 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-9-29 18:18 , Processed in 0.242808 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On, APC On.