查看: 1771|回复: 1

News

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-12-10 22:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
布什政府官员私下威胁在梦特利尔召开的“联合国气候变化大会”的组织者时声称:“如果比尔•克林顿在大会上发言,则美国签署“东京议定书”的可能性将丧失殆尽”。
) C. ?/ ]4 p2 O4 _# w5 c! d! F% f6 h% s
警告是在将比尔•克林顿加入到“联合新闻发布会”名单中后数分钟内收到的。“真的很滑稽”,一名组织者说:“很清楚,即使布什的同僚允许克林顿发言,他们仍然不会签署这个协议的”。) j& F5 N6 W. X$ ?6 p2 `( ]* C

" Y7 ?  m. q& Y; h; \克林顿说:“我决不会让这个政治伎俩得逞。因此我不去出席就是了。”后来组织者称,他们已经请当局摊了牌。克林顿按原计划发表了演说。
- R* m' n  W5 d& _1 O1 i/ M  m. b9 _
在其星期五的演说中,克林顿描述布什政府对东京议定书的反对立场是“显然错误的。”, Y$ U2 c7 K( L1 j8 {2 }

9 H$ b# I- q: b4 ]副总统狄克•切尼星期四指示美国特使退出(会议),以回应加拿大首相保罗•马丁星期四的评论。据信,这和克林顿的出席并没有什么关联。
# {5 [6 n* C, T  A' t- X1 ~$ i$ Y" h; u3 u. k+ D
这是我试着翻译的一段英语新闻,欢迎指正.原文如下
3 m3 W3 A" |3 [& e( ]0 I' \$ i: j% X" U7 L) f- v& P$ w
December 10, 2005
0 s. |$ w3 x. cOfficials in the Bush administration privately threatened the organizers of the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Montreal, saying that any chance there might have been for the United States to sign the Kyoto Protocol would be lost if Bill Clinton spoke Friday at the meeting.( P! Q, K' I; u0 o/ N
The threat was received within minutes of the Associated Press running a story on Clinton being added to the program. “It’s just astounding.” said one organizer. “It came through loud and clear from the Bush people—they wouldn’t sign the deal if Clinton were allowed to speak.”* H) S8 [$ G8 l  C8 ]# g( m$ @
Clinton said, "There’s no way that I’m gonna let petty politics get in the way of the deal. So I’m not gonna come." The organizers later reported that they had "called the administration’s bluff." Clinton delivered his speech as planned.
$ N* {. n+ w) J) Z0 YIn his speach Friday, Clinton described the Bush administration’s opposition to Kyoto as “flat wrong.”
3 p4 f  U/ D9 D5 AVice-President Dick Cheney directed the U.S. envoy to walk out Thursday, in response to comments by Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin on Thursday. The walk out is not believed to relate to Clinton's attendance.
鲜花(9) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-12-12 16:43 | 显示全部楼层
翻译得挺好的,应该发到爱城新闻里去才对啊
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-9-23 11:29 , Processed in 0.153961 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.